Which checks should your property have?

4th May 2023
Which checks should your property have? - John Shepherd

We spoke to Lee Baker, Owner of L K B Gas Heating & Plumbing Services whom has been in the industry for over 30 years. Lee has seen the rental sector change beyond recognition from 30 years ago.

“In 2023 there are more compliance regulations in place than ever before. These are put in place to keep tenants safe, but make being a Landlord a much more complicated and difficult investment.

Below are just a few of the many checks that LKB offer, many of them are required by law;

  • Annual gas safety check. Required to be conducted every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer by law.
  • Gas appliance servicing. Oil boilers require service by an OFTEC qualified engineer every 12 months. That's similar to Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) and gas boiler servicing, which must be performed annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer
  • Smoke & CO alarm compliance & fitting. All tenanted properties require working smoke and CO alarms and detectors. They should be tested regularly to ensure safety for the tenant.
  • Unvented cylinder servicing. It is advised that you continue to service your cylinder every 12 months, in fact in most instances the manufacturers warranty is dependent on regular testing.
  • General plumbing checks. Fluctuation of extreme temperatures can cause pipes to crack and leak. Leading to much larger and more costly issues. Regular plumbing checks help avoid unwanted repair bills.

We can bundle any of these services together which is beneficial to both the landlord and the tenant. This will give the landlord a cost saving and also be more efficient for tenants as only one visit is required to complete multiple compliance checks."

Make use of our partnership with LKB by making time and cost savings on your investment. Speak to your local branch, who will be more than happy to organise on your behalf.